What can I use my galvanised metal bucket for?
Made of strong galvanised metal, this delightful bucket is incredibly multi-use - exactly why we decided to add it to our range. Made of tough metal, this bucket is impact, water and fire resistant meaning you can use it for a whole host of different activities.
It's also perfectly suited to outdoor use, the galvanised layer means that it is rust and weather resistant, perfect for living in your garden as a tasteful planter, container for your gardening equipment or carrying your garden tools around for a spot of gardening - even during the changeable weather.
To be completely honest, this bucket is so multipurpose we'd struggle to list everything you could do with it. From having fun with your children in the garden, transporting ash from your open fire (P.S we've a great chimney draught excluder to help you stay warm when your fires not lit too!), or a tough container for cleaning it's got you covered.
Struggling to decide what to use your bucket for? Here's just a few of many ideas:
- A perfect ash bucket - heat-resistant metal won't melt like plastic so it's the perfect place to pop all of that hot ash from your fireplace before it's cool enough to go in the bin.
- Fantastic cleaning container - need something to house a bit of clean water while you're scrubbing down the shower? Or something hardy to carry your bottles of cleaner and cloths, our tough metal bucket has you covered, no need to worry if you accidentally drop it.
- Doing a little DIY? Our metal bucket has plenty of room to house those little wood-shavings, brick dust or little pieces of plasterboard from those weekend home improvements.
- Conscious of your water usage? Tough and durable this galvanised bucket can live outside all year round. Pop it out in the open to catch rainwater and use it to water your plants on dryer days. Don't forget to check out our blog on how to water your garden during dry weather spells too!
As you can tell, this metal bucket is the definition of multi-purpose. Not only is it useful, it looks good too, why not give it pride of place in the garden? Show it off as a stylish planter:
- Galvanised metal buckets make absolutely stunning planters. The tough metal finish gives off rustic, farmhouse vibes, plus they can be used again and again without issue. You also don't have to worry if it's accidentally knocked or dropped, a dent or two would just add to its charm.
- Pick your plants! Why not try a mix of black petunias and white geraniums? Something stylish yet a little less bright to let your planter shine!
- Drill some small drainage holes in the bottom, they don't need to be big, your average drill bit will suffice.
- Next scoop a handful of rocks into the bottom, this again is to promote drainage and prevent the soil from hanging on to too much water.
- Fill the pot with a good quality peat-free compost such as our organic sheep's wool compost, something filled with nitrates and other nutrients to help the plant grow.
- Finally pop your plants into their planter, ensure to firm them into place. Why not sprinkle a few sheep wool pellets on top? Perfect for retaining water and boosting soil nutrients.
>Why did you decide to sell metal buckets?
Metal buckets can be a little bit harder to come by than their plastic counterparts, especially if you're looking in all the usual supermarkets and DIY stores. Our bucket is 100% plastic free, and comes with a strong wooden handle. Strong and practical, yet stylish!
The abundance of short-lifetime plastic products concerns us greatly. Your average plastic bucket with plastic handle tends to only last for around 12 months. Buckets are just another cog in the endless cycle of instantly replaceable plastic items we use and discard every year. By choosing metal, a much more durable, stronger alternative, you're not only reducing your own plastic consumption and carbon footprint, but you're also preventing one more plastic bucket going to landfill. It's not our own landfills we're polluting either - a lot of UK waste is now sent overseas. With the average UK household sending over 40kg of non-biodegradble plastic waste to landfill each year, that's a staggering amount of plastic ending up in other countries that are unable to dispose of it safely. A horrifying fact!
Plus, many years down the line, when your bucket finally gives up - it's readily home recyclable, so you can rest assured that your bucket will go on to have another purpose.
How long will my metal bucket last?
Quite literally years and years. The galvanised layer means that it's oxidation resistant, so it shouldn't rust away easily. The lack of plastic parts also means the bucket is unlikely to crack or snap. By investing in a metal bucket you know you're getting something that will last a good long time - plus you can drop it again, and again without a worry in the world!