Pistal professional insecticide is a powerful insect killer made of natural ingredients, the principal one being pyrethrum, which is an extract of chrysanthemums. It is this extract that the synthetic permethrin mimics, the difference being that the synthetic version stays toxic for an extended period and the Pistal professional insecticide neutralises after 2 - 3 days. You might think that when it comes to destroying moths remaining toxic for a long time is beneficial, but this kills all insects, including beneficial ones, and if it gets into the water system it kills fish and other aquatic life. So Pistal professional insecticide does what it says on the can: it kills the insects you want to destroy (clothes moths) and that's it. Other wildlife isn't harmed by the product, so long as it is used correctly.
When it comes to pest control there are two options available: DETER and DESTROY. Pistal definitely comes into the DESTROY aspect of insect pest control in the home.
How to use Pistal professional insecticide
Spray directly onto areas such as crevices and anywhere you suspect there to be moths or moth larvae from a distance of 20 - 30cm. For maximum effectiveness seal the room and leave for four hours, after which ventilate the place thoroughly. It's recommended that you seek the advice of professional pest controllers if you want to conduct a full extermination. Remember to use a mask with this product.
What other applications are there for Pistal professional insecticide?
Pistal is a proven natural pesticide - suitable even for professional requirements - for use against crawling and flying pests, such as bugs, fleas, roaches, wood-destroying insects, midges, flies, moths etc, in their adult form, larvae, and even their eggs.
How to use Pistal professional insecticide as part of a domestic moth control action
The routine with controlling moths in the home is DETECT, DESTROY, DETER.
- Kill the male moths with the Mott Box pheromone trap
- Kill the male and female moths, larvae, and eggs using Pistal professional insect killer
- Destroy any potential eggs by having a really thorough clean and shake out.
- Deter moths from coming back by hanging Moth Protection in the wardrobe and spraying items with Anti Moth neem spray.
- Seal clean washed woollen clothes in moth proof containers, or zipped into clothes protectors on hangers.
- Monitor for the return of moths using the Mott Box pheromone trap. Keep this in a different room from the deterrents. Although it comes with a hanger it does not have to be hung in a wardrobe – you can even keep it discreetly under the sofa if you have wool rugs to protect, just remember to check it regularly and replace the sticky insert every 3 months.
- If you catch more moths then start again with 1 – 6. If it’s a warm summer then I’m afraid they will keep coming back in, it’s not that you’ve been unsuccessful. But if you have your valuables protected with active deterrents then it should not be as bad.
Sadly this product can only be sent within the UK - international orders will be refunded.