Made from a robust bottle green canvas with PVC coated polyester (440gsm), the Chimney Sheep® wrap come in two sizes:
- Regular – Measuring 26.5″ (67cm) square, it will fit all but the largest four Chimney Sheep® sizes.
- Large – Suitable for the five largest Chimney Sheep sizes ( the 12″ x 20″, 18" x 18", 14″ x 24″, 14″ x 28″ and the 14″ x 36″).
How do I use my Chimney Sheep® wrap?
When you’re ready to remove your Chimney Sheep® draught stopper and store it until its next outing, simply follow these steps:
- Open the Chimney Sheep® wrap fully and place it on the floor directly in front of the hearth.
- Carefully remove your Chimney Sheep®, making sure that any soot or debris falls into the grate.
- Give the Chimney Sheep® a couple of taps to shake off any loose soot, then put it head down in the middle of the wrap.
- Fold the corners of the wrap around the sheep and tie the ribbon around it in a bow. Your Chimney Sheep® draught stopper can either be stored with the handle still threaded in or with the handle removed, to create a neat flat package. When you’re finished, the wrap will form a parcel which can be placed standing next to the fireplace or hung from a hook by the bottom of the handle, or it can just be stored in the log basket until it’s needed again.
- Once the fire is completely cold the wrap can be unwrapped and the Chimney Sheep® popped back in the chimney. When you remove your Chimney Sheep® ready to insert again, there may be some remaining soot left in the wrap. This can be taken outside to be shaken. If it gets too mucky it can easily be wiped down with a damp cloth.