What can I use the If You Care baking paper for?
The world is your oyster when it comes to using this chlorine-free baking parchment. Here are a few ideas to get you started (warning, you may start to drool):
- Lining cake tins when you are baking your sister’s birthday cake.
- Lining baking trays when only homemade chocolate chip cookies will do.
- Lining roasting trays for Sunday Roast prep.
- Covering your bowl of leftover roast for Monday lunchtime, before you put it in the microwave to reheat.
- Wrapping up your quickly thrown together sandwich for lunch at work because you’ve slept through your alarm again.
- Soaking it and putting it on top of your winter stew to keep it moist as it slow cooks in the oven all day.
- As a cheaper alternative to beeswax wraps. If you wipe it down, it can be used again and again.
- We even use it as our packaging for our Seed Bomb Kits!
Why not try some of our other If You Care eco products? Click here to see the whole range!
>Why is the If You Care Chlorine-Free Baking Parchment more eco-friendly than other baking papers?
From the production to the disposal, this baking parchment has been made with environmental considerations at the forefront of its creation. But how can that be? It is quite simple really…
- FSC certified and sustainably sourced – the FSC is an organisation that promotes responsible and sustainable forest management through a rigorous certification system of forests and forest products. When you buy this baking paper, you know it is from forests that comply with these environmental and social standards.
- Completely unbleached and TCF – you’ll instantly be able to recognise bleached baking paper as it is white which means it has been treated with chlorine, whereas this baking paper is brown. That shows you it is totally chlorine-free (TCF). The bleaching is purely for aesthetic reasons but the effects of doing it can be damaging to both animals and humans. Chlorine-bleached parchment paper is warmed creating a nasty by-product called dioxin that has been linked with reproductive and developmental issues, damage of the defence system and with the interference of hormones. This chemical often finds its way back into our waterways either during its production or after its disposal and can cause completely unnecessary damage not only to humans but also to species that live in oceans, lakes and rivers.
- Entirely plastic-free - there is not one little bit of this paper that has plastic in it. Nor the packaging either! Woohoo!
- >100% biodegradable and compostable – thanks to the baking paper being unbleached, TCF and plastic-free, it is 100% biodegradable and compostable. This means you can put it in your garden, take it to a compost facility or even put it in your home compost. It will completely break down into the soil, back into the basic amino acids that a plant can use to grow! The circle of...well, baking paper.
- Sustainable silicone coating – this has been derived from silicon, which is abundant in nature and completely non-toxic, limiting the parchment's impact on the environment.
- Reusable – using it for wrapping or baking? Why not reuse it? It has become habit to use baking paper once and throw it away but actually, it can be reused and SHOULD be reused! Better for the environment and more cost-effective for you!
- Recyclable packaging – not only has the packaging been sourced from FSC certified forests but it is also completely recyclable so make sure you add it to your recycle bin once you've finished the roll. It'll be a sad, sad day...but don't worry, you can always order more.