What culinary delights can I make with these muffin cases?
These muffin cases fit a standard muffin/cupcake tin so basically whatever you can fit into a muffin case! They are great for sweet and savoury bakes so why not try some of the following ideas:
- Savoury muffins for breakfast on the go!
- Celebration cupcakes with yummy icing and lots of decoration.
- A healthy afternoon snack in the form of mini quiches (SO fancy!).
- Individual baked eggs for a delicious brunch!
Once you are have eaten the contents, don't forget to add the cases into your compost!
We have lots of other cool baking products that are all eco-friendly too! Why not have a look?
Why are the If You Care Muffin Cases more eco-friendly than others currently on the market?
There are lots of reasons why these muffin cases are greener than others currently available but here are the main ones:
- FSC certified and sustainably sourced – the FSC is an organisation that promotes responsible and sustainable forest management through a rigorous certification system of forests and forest products. When you buy these muffin cases, you know it is from forests that comply with these environmental and social standards.
- Completely unbleached and TCF – you’ll instantly be able to recognise bleached baking paper as it is white and then often treated with colours (hence why you see lots of patterned and colourful muffin and cupcake cases around) which means it has been treated with chlorine, whereas the baking paper these muffin cases are made from is brown. That shows you it is totally chlorine-free (TCF). The bleaching is purely for aesthetic reasons but is damaging to both animals and humans. Chlorine-bleached baking paper is warmed creating a nasty by-product called dioxin that has been linked with reproductive and developmental issues, damage of the defence system and with the interference of hormones. This chemical often finds its way back into our waterways either during its production or after its disposal and can cause completely unnecessary damage not only to humans but also to species that live in oceans, lakes and rivers.
- Entirely plastic-free - there is not one little bit of this paper that has plastic in it. Nor the packaging either! Woohoo!
- 100% biodegradable and compostable – thanks to the paper used to make these muffin cases being unbleached, TCF and plastic-free, this means the cases are 100% biodegradable and compostable. You can put them in your garden after you are done with them, take them to a compost facility or even put them in your home compost. They will completely break down into the soil, back into the basic amino acids that a plant can use to grow!
- Sustainable silicone coating – this has been derived from silicon, which is abundant in nature and completely non-toxic, limiting its impact on the environment.
- Recyclable packaging – not only has the packaging been sourced from FSC certified forests but it is also completely recyclable so make sure you put it in your recycling pile!